Do you have the ambition to coach experts and help them to excel in their jobs and support them in delivering pragmatic solutions from specifications up to manufacturing designs? Then this might be your job!
Group Lead Systems
At VDL ETG Technology & Development machines are being developed, manufactured and assembled. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product. Think of automated milling machines, lathes, grinders, welding robots, laser cutters, etc. VDL ETG T&D consists of the following development disciplines: mechanical, electrical, mechatronics and software. Out of these disciplines multidisciplinary project teams are assembled. These teams are responsible for the realization of challenging projects for leading international clients within the high-tech engineering (machine building). At this moment VDL ETG T&D moved to a new ultra-modern production facility including associated offices for development and support departments.
What do we offer?
- You are part of the international, industrial, family-owned company VDL Groep;
- You work with professionals in a technical and high end environment; an environment that enables your career to excel in technology, quality and people management;
- Dynamic and informal atmosphere;
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams;
- International opportunities;
- Opportunities for personal development and growth.
You know how to motivate your team members and drive them towards high quality designs by putting the right people on the right tasks and responsibilities. Together with your group of 30 engineers and architects you build a trust based team atmosphere. You are aware of the unique competencies, personal qualities, skills and motivational factors of the team members and how these can be utilized as resources in their career planning. You consider yourself as a people manager, successful in a technical development environment.
We expect you to have professional leadership and management skills combined with a detailed eye for competency improvement. The competences of your group include:
- System architecture
- System availability
- Motion control
- Service & maintenance
- Systems & Parts Reliability
You will also be responsible for reviewing and releasing designs and providing design support. You will assign the project staff for the project managers. In this position you work with project managers, group leads and engineers who steer and are involved in highly innovative complex challenging projects in a high-end precision environment (Semicon, Solar, Medical).
Our international customers are operating in high tech environments and the projects involved can vary from medical systems up to production equipment for the semiconductor and solar industry. You maintain contacts with existing and new customers to ensure product quality, way-of-working on new technologies and input for internal competence development. This position is based within the VDL ETG Technology & Development organization.
You have the ambition to coach experts and help them to excel in their jobs and support them in delivering pragmatic solutions from specifications up to manufacturing designs. You want quality to be fact based.
Other important features:
- A bachelor or master degree in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics, Physics or related
- Academic working and thinking level
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in a leading position in a high-end multidisciplinary development environment
- You are pro-active, analytical, creative person with a “can do” mentality
- Good communication skills verbal and written in English and Dutch
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad for a couple of weeks (incidental)
- ‘’Exposure to design for six sigma’’, to emphasis fact based decision making during system development.
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the “solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via 040-2925066.