Do you have experience with high tech complex machine control and real time software and operating systems? Are you interested in being part of an international, family owned company and do you like to work with with professionals in a technical and high end environment? Then this might be an interesting vacancy for you!
At VDL ETG Technology & Development machines are being developed, manufactured and assembled. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product. Think of automated milling machines, lathes, grinders, welding robots, laser cutters, etc. VDL ETG T&D encysts of the following disciplines: mechanical, electrical, mechatronics and software. Out of these disciplines multidisciplinary project teams are assembled. These teams are responsible for the realization of challenging projects for leading international clients within the high-tech engineering (machine building).
What do we offer?
- You are part of the international, industrial, family-owned company VDL Groep;
- You work with professionals in a technical and high end environment;
- Dynamic and informal atmosphere;
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams;
- International opportunities;
- Opportunities for personal development and growth.
As a Software Architect at VDL ETG you define the technical software road map in conjunction with the overall product and system road map. You lead the team technically and you are responsible for the definition and deployment of the architecture through the full life cycle of software for complex modules and machines. You work with a code base of C, C++, Python or C#. This code base is the fundament to deliver in a reliable way for multiple systems and multiple users. You cooperate closely with architects and engineers from other disciplines and strategic customers in a multidisciplinary team. The software team works in an agile fashion in scrum teams. You see it as a challenge to take up new things and explore new tools and techniques.
- Master degree informatics or technically oriented with 15 years’ experience in an equivalent role
- Experience with high tech complex machine control and real time software and operating systems
- Experience with coaching and guiding software teams on a technical level
- Experience with defining an architecture and delivering according to that architecture
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Configuration Management processes
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written
- Leadership skills
- Maintain an overview
- Communication skills at different echelons
- Continuously improving
- Quality awareness
- Proactive attitude
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the “solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via 040-2925066.
Acquisition is not appreciated. We ask candidates to apply directly for this job at VDL ETG and not by a staffing or recruitment & selection agency.