VDL ETG Technology & Development in Eindhoven has a vacancy for System Architect Dynamics & Motion Control. Technology is in your blood and in your DNA, you want to learn broad system knowledge and want to use your skills both in Motion and Control and in Mechatronics? Then you are the system architect dynamics and motion control we are looking for!
System Architect Dynamics & Motion Control
At VDL ETG Technology & Development machines are being developed, manufactured and assembled. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product. Think of automated milling machines, lathes, grinders, welding robots, laser cutters, etc. VDL ETG T&D encysts of the following disciplines: mechanical, electrical, mechatronics and software. Out of these disciplines multidisciplinary project teams are assembled. These teams are responsible for the realization of challenging projects for leading international clients within the high-tech engineering (machine building). At this moment VDL ETG T&D is building a new ultra-modern production facility including associated offices for development and support departments.
What do we offer?
- You are part of the international, industrial, family company, VDL Group.
- You work together in a professional way, a combination of product development and product realization in the same building and in an informal environment.
- Plenty of opportunities for personal development and work scope.
- Combination of product development and product realization in the same building.
- Help to further develop the competences (Mechanics/ Electro/ Service/ Mechatronics/ Software).
- “no nonsense” mentality.
- Take ownership/responsibility (can do, will do).
- Rather high level of autonomy.
- Competitive terms of employment and great career opportunities.
At VDL ETG T&D the products that you develop are produced under the same roof, which gives you a unique link with your own product. You are in charge of your module, complex mechanical parts and/or fully integrated systems; from design, testing, production, assembly. Technology is in your blood and in your DNA, you want to learn broad system knowledge and want to use your skills both in Motion and Control and in Mechatronics? Then you are the system architect dynamics and motion control we are looking for. As a system architect dynamics and motion control you are responsible to setup and create a technically roadmap and requirements of a consistent system design that meets the functional specifications of our customer’s needs. You do this in close cooperation from colleagues from other disciplines. Furthermore you are responsible for:
- Functional breakdown, responsibility, ownership, integration, sustaining and troubleshooting;
- Retrieve the “why” from client specifications into a working system;
- Translating system requirements into specifications and roadmaps for architecture, technology, functions and modules;
- Definition of a generic machine platform, based on modular design;
- Guiding the process;
- Initiate EC’s;
- Input for development milestone planning;
- Collaborate and support with architects;
- Machine safety.
- Technical University, Master degree in Mechatronics, Electronics or Mechanics.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in high tech equipment.
- Eager to define concepts, interfaces and mechatronics architecture.
- Team player, in the own company and towards clients, consortium partners and suppliers.
- Likes to help building a company, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Efficient in dealing with time pressure and budget constraints.
- Good communication skills and proficient in English and preferably in Dutch.
- As a person you are accurate, flexible, analytical, pragmatic, creative, proactive and motivated to face challenges.
- Good in time management and setting priorities.
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the “solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via 040-2925066.